Friday, July 12, 2013

UFFDA

This past week the 3 of us went to the farm. Will and I spent most of the day outside, but checked in frequently on Gramma.
During lunch we were seated at the round table built by George Ick. (Grandpa was always proud of this sturdy little table) Will on one side, Gramma on the other, and me- I was at the sink and I heard this conversation.....
Gramma to Will......................"What does that sign mean?"
           She was referring to the needlepoint work hanging at the end of the hutch in the dining room.
Will to Gramma......................"I think it means United Future Farmers of the Department of Agriculture"
Gramma................................."Mmm"

A few minutes later when I returned to my spot at the table

Will to me............................."What does that sign mean that's hanging there" 
            Pointing to the needlepoint

Me to Will and Gramma......"UFFDA"

It is what it is  OR   It is what you think it is

1 comment: