Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fixing Hair

Sunday evening after supper, Elizabeth asked Gramma 'Do you remember braiding my hair'?

'Oh yes' Gramma said, 'I braided your hair, and I also cut the neighbors hair for many years'.

I remember Gramma going over to cut Louise's, Mrs. Boelter's, and Sophie's hair, these Kruegers lived to the South of Gramma and Grampa. To the West-lived the other Kruegers, Ida and Hulda, and their sister Gussie.  Gramma would cut their hair, and give permanents as requested.

I mentioned to her, she should have gone back to school to be a hair dresser-but she didn't really like that type of work she said....

she was just willing to help out the neighbors.

I also can remember Gramma going over to Kruegers and helping put in their earrings. They couldn't see where the opening was in their ear lobes, so she helped them with this, too.

Gramma could do anything......Plow, milk cows, fix hair, grow a garden, knit, sew, and clean.









1 comment: