Sunday, March 4, 2012

conversation about Hair

Thursday each week, I insist that Gramma have her "head warshed". So far she has had a permanent that seemed to last several months, with a permanent her hair becomes easier to care for and looks nice. We'll need to make an appointment for another permanent soon- this is simply one more thing she doesn't want to do but will thoroughly enjoy.

In the meantime we have this hair conversation every week.....

Me- Well, it's time to wash your hair, Gramma-

Gramma Defiantly-  " No it can't be, we just warshed it a little while ago!  Besides that-after it's warshed it becomes -  fly away and hard to handle !!! "

She always puts up a fuss when it's time to wash her hair....

Me- I'll get the shampoo and conditioner, you can get ready, you know you will always enjoy having someone fix your hair.......

I  get the supplies and set them by the sink, I know I might have to wait a long time until she is gets ready.  (usually during this wait I read a magazine, or start cooking)

As I wash her hair, she will say- Oh, look at that, my hair is getting gray...why don't you put some color in it??

Me-Well what color would you like, maybe red would be fun

Gramma- Oh No, we haven't had any relatives who have had RED hair...

Me-  Maybe brown, what do you think of having brown hair??

Gramma- Oh, my Dad had brown hair, but Mom had blonde

Me-  Maybe you would rather be blonde?  Would that be OK....

Gramma- thinking about having blonde hair- "It would sure be better than this gray hair I have"

We go into the bedroom where I comb in a mousse and Moroccan oil before setting her hair on rollers.

Gramma - Does your hair have any natural curl?

Me- Oh, a little, it seems to hold a curl for a little while

Gramma - My hair didn't ever have any curl, Gladys sure didn't want anyone to touch her hair, but I love
to have my hair combed.

Me- See it's not so bad to have your hair washed once a week, now is it ????

Gramma-  OH NO- I ALWAYS ENJOY  having someone work with MY  hair.........

1 comment: