Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tuesday evening

Grandma-sitting in her swivel rocker in her room doing word search
      "Boy-it's sure cold in here, do they heat this building"

Me-"Yes, but remember it's winter and it usually is a little cooler
         in the house this time of the year"

Grandma-"They sure don't keep the buildings as warm as they used to"

Me-Going over to the thermostat in the room
       "Well-it's 74 degrees in here now, that's a nice temperature to sleep-
         you wouldn't want it warmer because you wouldn't sleep as well,
         I think if you would move around some you wouldn't feel so chilly,
         also-this time of the year it's a good idea to wear a sweatshirt or
         sweater."

Grandma-reaching up to her ear and removing her hearing aid
        "There-now I can't hear you!!"

It just works better if I simply say, Oh, yaw--I suppose, yep that's for sure.......

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. GRANDMA! what a little stinker!

      Delete
    2. Next time she says that say, "Yeah, I don't understand either why they have it so cold. I guess we'll just have to put on sweaters."

      Delete