Monday, February 27, 2012

Boycott

Last week I decided to return a piece of fishing equipment I'd purchased at Walmart. The original intent was to make cleaning the fish easier for Will.....He really didn't think it would work...so I took it back to get a refund......

I went to the customer service counter, noticing that 2 people were ahead of me, I judged it would be a reasonable wait to stand in the line........

5 minutes went by, the lady directly ahead of me turned and walked away with a disgusted look....I happily moved up to the #2 position.

10 minutes....I continued to stand in line, noticing 3 people carrying items had joined the line behind me....

15 minutes....I noticed 2 of the people behind me left......
                    I also  noticed there still was only 1 customer representative waiting on customers...the 2 other
                    stations were closed, The lone representative of the store made no attempt to call for extra help,
                    but took her time completing the complicated transaction of the person ahead of me.......
                    During this time a couple of employees from the consumer service station wandered in,
                    glancing toward the line, and continued to the back, behind closed doors.

20 minutes...I stuck to my place in line, refusing to leave and 'shop for a little while' and come back later,as
                   this could only reward  the store by selling more 'stuff'.
                   My turn came, I pleasantly returned the item, thanking the customer service representative for
                   help, turned and walked out of the store

                  Thinking.....Hmmmm.....This is the last time I care to walk out of this store

It doesn't support costumer convenience, maybe I shouldn't support it,
                                   
                 
                

No comments:

Post a Comment