Friday, July 7, 2017

Sorry Kids, But....I voted Republican

Health Care 2017
This summer  we are cleaning the shop and barn at the farm......lots of rusty nails, tools, wire, etc.
Yesterday I received a notification from my electronic patient record informing me my tetanus shot was currently outdated and I needed to get it updated.....no big deal-I thought, I'll just run into Sanford in DL, part of the clinic network where my Fargo Dr. is employed.

So....after several minutes of waiting and some time to update patient information I was called back....😊
"I'm here for a tetanus booster," I say
"We can't give you a tetanus shot.....your Dr doesn't work in Detroit Lakes, so no one can sign off on your shot".  Hmmmmmmm, that's not cool, I thought EPR would allow a patient to get care at a facility that's part of the network.......😒
Well, "we can't give a Fargo patient an immunization......

Never mind, I thought, I'll just go to Public Health. 😊
"I'm here for a tetanus booster," I say
"We can't give you a tetanus shot.....you have insurance, we only give immunizations to people who don't have insurance." You have to go to the clinic.   Hmmmmmmmmmm, 😒

Never mind, I thought I'll go to the Thrifty White drug store, they give shots.
"I'm here for s tetanus booster,"  I say
"We can't give you a tetanus shot......we don't have the  vaccine, we believe it will be here next week"
Hmmmmmmm,

Never mind, I'll go to CVS
"I'm here to get a tetanus booster," I say
Ok, we fill out the forms, they ask for my insurance card, and say....."we can't give you a tetanus shot as we don't take your insurance anymore".........

😡. So, I'm going to Fargo Monday morning, I will have to have an office visit to get this stinking Tetanus booster.

Health care was so simple before the government got involved!!!!!

Before government interference, anyone who needed an immunization, walked into public health, got the immunizations needed, paid for it out of pocket (the cost was minimal).

Doctor visits were for annual exams, we paid for it along with our insurance.

If we needed surgery or further interventions, insurance kicked in and paid for it, minus the deductible we chose when we signed up.

So I'm sorry things have become so complicated, but please know we didn't vote for this craziness.

1 comment: