Sunday, December 4, 2011

Skates

I am not sure if... 20  or so years ago I thought ahead to 2011 as the year I would sort through our worldly possessions. But since I hadn't done this yearly, or even every few years the major task waited until this year.

We saved and boxed enough stuff for years to come and what we saved for the 'kids' is safely tucked away in the 'attic' above the stable. I was glad to bring the skates to the lake just in case one of the girls would want to skate this Christmas.

We have skates in all sizes, but I'm not sure if any of them will fit anyone....it's fun to think about skating behind the house, the pond, and occasionally on the river. These were happy skates for several years and they now have a place in the new attic...sorry-I just couldn't get rid of them 

  

5 comments:

  1. Oh those skates! I smiled when I saw the picture :) Thanks for this post! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smiled when I saw these skates, too. do you still have your silver skates? the laces were so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and Elizabeth -- remember the "unison?" we were so inspired by the Olympics we had a fancy skating move! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahah! Yes! I really thought that move was going to get us somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I still have the skates with a fur rim around the top and silver and white laces. These were a Christmas present for me maybe in 8th grade or so....

    ReplyDelete